Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

location of ini file

Oct
I think I am missing something here ---- I updated the take command shortcut to specify the location of the INI file to use,

but using the process explorer, I see that tcmd has the full path of the ini file, but when it launches tcc there are no switches at all --- what did I miss here? Thanks

TCMD and TCC reading an INI file are quite separate. Apparently, TCC, in TCMD, does not automatically use the same INI file as TCMD. If you want TCC (in TCMD) to use a specific INI file, you should specify that INI file in TCC's startup command. In TCMD, that command is TCMD's COMSPEC directive (OptionsMenu\TakeCommand\Tabs\COMSPEC).

thanks for the info ---- since there is one ini file does tcmd and tcc use different sections of the one ini file?

thanks for the info ---- since there is one ini file does tcmd and tcc use different sections of the one ini file?
Yes. The section used by TCC is named [4NT] and the section used by TCMD is named [TakeCommand].

The fully-qualified name of the INI file is given by the internal variable _ININAME. You can use that variable to see (TYPE or edit) what's in the INI file. I'm not sure what the default location of the INI file is, but, IIRC, if you let TCC/TCMD use the default location it can be hard to find. :-)

Hello — thanks for the info ---- yes that worked ---- I don’t recall reading this in any of the doc/help files — there was one point about starting tcmd.tcc is that there's was one windows bug with options/switches starting with a @ that the text would be truncated — so the fix was to start the ini path with /@ — might you know was the context of the “windows bug” is — I been starting tcc with the window’s terminal app without issue with the ini file path staring with @ — again, thx for the info

might you know was the context of the “windows bug” is
IIRC that has to do with starting TCC (TCMD?) when specifying an INI file in the target of a Windows shortcut. It might happen elsewhere in Explorer-related things (Start\Run dialog?, Explorer's location dropdown box?). Others may remember more about it than I do.