Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Literal double quotes in SHORTCUT's "args" parameter?

May
If I want SHORTCUT's "args" parameter to be

Code:
-d "v:\a b\foo"

how do I enter the literal double quotes? I've tried ^q and ^"; they didn't work.

Nor does %@CHAR[34].
Yeah, tried that too. I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but SHORTCUT serves to work around the shell's shortcut dialog's limitation of MAX_PATH (260) characters in the target. PowerShell can do it also, but SHORTCUT is a tad easier. If only I could get those quotes in there.

FWIW, the shell's run dialog (Win-R) has the same limitation.

I was about to write, "but MKSC can do that!" But I just checked, and it can't.

Maybe I oughtta do something about that.

SHORTCUT does not support embedded double spaces in the args parameter.
Double quotes can be pretty important in command lines. Couldn't you throw in a strategically placed EscapeLine? That'd let us use ^q.

Double quotes can be pretty important in command lines. Couldn't you throw in a strategically placed EscapeLine? That'd let us use ^q.

I could, but it would require writing a custom parser for SHORTCUT. Escape character processing is performed long before the line is passed to SHORTCUT.

Since it's something you've lived without for the last 20 years, it's not going to be something that shows up in a v28 build.