Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

List : Highlight and Scroll to copy

Mar
How do I highlight text and scroll so I can copy more that what's displayed on the screen? List used to support this. Previously, if you left-clicked and moved the mouse to the bottom of the window it would scroll and highlight. This no longer happens. If I try to highlight and scroll up the List display scrolls down and what you get is the content of the TCC Window before you ran the list command.

Here's what I got when I tried to scroll up while highlighting in the list window.
The output of a DIR command and the command prompt to run LIST (blue). The LIST header (red) and the LIST window content (green).

1/27/2010 15:35 111,047 SubmittedMessage.cs
4/08/2008 12:52 7,804 ValidationExceptions.cs
407,497 bytes in 35 files and 5 dirs
32,291,291,136 bytes free

[\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\host_driveD\...]list SubmittedMessage.cs

SubmittedMessage.cs │ F1 Help │ Col 0 Line 3,144 98%
xmlTextWriter.WriteEndElement( );
}

xmlTextWriter.WriteEndElement( );

xmlTextWriter.WriteEndDocument( );

xmlTextWriter.Flush( );

xmlTextWriter.Close( );
}
}

Is there any work-around for this short of running notepad? Is there any chance this behavior will changed? I kinda liked the way LIST used to work.

How do I highlight text and scroll so I can copy more that what's displayed on the screen? List used to support this. Previously, if you left-clicked and moved the mouse to the bottom of the window it would scroll and highlight. This no longer happens. If I try to highlight and scroll up the List display scrolls down and what you get is the content of the TCC Window before you ran the list command.

I don't recall that ever working. I just tried with 4NT v4 and it doesn't work there.

> How do I highlight text and scroll so I can copy more that what's
> displayed on the screen? List used to support this. Previously, if you
> left-clicked and moved the mouse to the bottom of the window it would
> scroll and highlight. This no longer happens. If I try to highlight and
> scroll up the List display scrolls down and what you get is the content
> of the TC Window before you ran the list command.

LIST in TCC has never supported this.

Rex Conn
JP Software

On Wed, 05 May 2010 23:12:50 -0400, Charles Dye <> wrote:

|---Quote (Originally by vefatica)---
|I don't recall that ever working. I just tried with 4NT v4 and it doesn't work there.
|---End Quote---
|In some pre-v9 version of Take Command, perhaps? (Guessing.)

At least that sounds feasible. It would seem quite difficult to integrate the
Windows console drag-select-auto-scroll mechanism with something like LIST.
--
- Vince

LIST in TCC has never supported this.

Rex Conn
JP Software

OK. I assumed (yeah I know) that the command window in version 11 was the same as the GUI TakeCommand Window (versions 2- 8). I'm a long-term customer. I started out with 4DOS and 4NT but abandoned them for the GUI console, TakeCommand. The GUI command window supported it and personally I miss this functionality.

Rex, please consider this an enhancement request.