Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Keywords for commands, functions, internal variables

Aug
For syntax highlighting in editors:

Does anyone know how to extract which variable functions and internal variables are available in a specific Take Command version?

The commands part is rather straightforward: after SETDOS /I* and PLUGIN /U* the ? command lists all internal commands.

I couldn't find something similar for functions and variables.

Sure, I wrote a script to extract those from the helpfiles, but I consider that secondary (by lack of a better word in my rather limited English vocabulary).
There is also the option to press F7 after "%@" or "%_" to get a list, but that's not a hardcopy (and not reliable; if you do this in TCC/LE, you also get the "Not in LE" functions/variables )

Last edited:
Thanks!

I do not have the permissions to view this page, but the keyword "Keywords" brings up a lot of similar questions. That will keep me busy for a while :-)

(I *did* search the forums for this, but apparently used the wrong "keywords". Thanks for sending me in the right direction!)

Last edited:
While cleaning out the debris of my Take Command experiments, I found a script to generate those keywords (a list of internal commands, internal variables and variable functions in 3 seperate files)
Completely forgot about that....

I downloaded the SDK (as suggested in one of the many threads about this subject), but that turned out to be outdated (TCMD17 keywords).
Eventualy I used the content of the Take Command Helpfiles to generate these keywords.

It can get those keywords from .CHM files and from TCHELP.exe. Here's how:

TCHELP.EXE:
  • Open TCHELP.exe and keep it opened!
  • Drag the "Whats New in Version 20" subject to the folder where this script resides (or the desktop; doesn't really matter) like this:
  • 2017-03-01 04_51_30-Drag.png
  • This creates a "What's New in Version 20.0.url" file (you can view the contents with a text editor)
    The name of this .url file is important, because a folder will be created with this same name, where the keywords will be put (for supporting multiple versions of TCMD)
  • Drag-Drop ([title]) the .url file on the GenerateKeywords script (or use the .url as a parameter on the prompt)
  • Wait a minute ...
  • In the created "What's New in Version 20.0" folder are your keyword files.
  • Close TCHELP.exe
  • Delete the .url file (it contains a unique ID; the next time (?) you have to create a new .url file.

TCMD.CHM

• Drag-drop the .CHM file on the GenerateKeywords script (or use the .CHM as a parameter on the prompt)
  • The script uses the foldername of the .CHM (like:TCMD19) for the folder it creates where the keywords will be stored.
  • Wait a minute ...
  • In the created "TCMD19" folder are your keyword files, minus the internal commands.
  • Create those with a command like this (I'll save you the 20 seconds it costs to type this yourself :-) in the correct version (19 in this example):

(DO this in /P ? (DO that in /L %this (echo %that)) ) > Internal_Commands.txt

OR if DO isn's supported in older versions (error on TCMD11):
? | for %x in (@con) do for %y in (%x) do echo %y

Remarks

• The script make use of GNU's WGET ([title]) . My version is 1.11.4, but I guess any version will do.
    You can unzip the package to a folder in your path or just in the folder of the GenerateKeywords script.
  • Especially for this forum I added some "UI" and errorhandling (a whopping 1 line of code extra!). Don't expect to much from that ...

Attachments

• GenerateKeywords.btm
    2.1 KB · Views: 284
  • Keywords_V20.zip
    3 KB · Views: 291
  • Keywords_V11.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 289