Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? KEYSTACK's /W number for 5 minutes

Apr
The /W number is: "Delay the next keystroke in the KEYSTACK buffer by a specified number of clock ticks. A clock tick is approximately 1/18 second."

so if I want to wait 5 mnutes the calculation for the number would be

18 (18 ticks in a second) X 60 (seconds in a minute) X 5 (minutes to wait.)

So the correct number would be 5400, correct?

The /W number is: "Delay the next keystroke in the KEYSTACK buffer by a specified number of clock ticks. A clock tick is approximately 1/18 second."

so if I want to wait 5 mnutes the calculation for the number would be

18 (18 ticks in a second) X 60 (seconds in a minute) X 5 (minutes to wait.)

So the correct number would be 5400, correct?

Yes -- though I can't imagine why you would use KEYSTACK to wait for 5 minutes. The KEYSTACK /W option is intended to insert waits between keystrokes -- if you had that long a wait you'd probably be better off using one of the monitoring commands to watch for a condition and then send the remaining keystrokes.

The main processing of the PGM I call with START /Wait then using keystact happens during the 5 minute wait. The only key I send after the 5 minute wait is to exit the called PGM.

post edit:
The program cycles thru the list of AOL Personal filing cabinets, extracting mainly saved favorites. So basically the called PGM will update where I have my browser favorites stored. Not sure what monitoring command I coiuld use either.