Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Keystack mangles 'special' characters

Feb
I wanted to use KEYSTACK to put some special characters on the command line. Special as in '\' and '|'.

What happens is that I have

keystack "getfiles.btm |& tee C:\temp\getfiles.log"

and I get from that

getfiles.btm <& tee C:ßtempßgetfiles.log

which of course does not work.

More experiments show that all characters that on a german keyboard are available only with the help of the AltGr key, are replaced by the characters that one gets if one does not press AltGr. It looks like this:

[C:\TCMD12]keystack "{[]}\~|"

[C:\TCMD12]7890ß+<

Is there anything I can do about that?

Ulrich

Right-click the font in \Windows\Fonts, select Properties, then the CharSet tab. Mine says the Font Encoding Type is Unicode.

Right-click the font in \Windows\Fonts, select Properties, then the CharSet tab. Mine says the Font Encoding Type is Unicode.

Hmm, no such tab in the properties that I see. Possibly a Win7 thing?
My system is "TCC 12.11.71 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]", which I failed to mention in the beginning.

But I found out: Leave the cursor on the file name for a second, and the popup description says: TrueType font file.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Ulrich <> wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by David Marcus)---
> Right-click the font in \Windows\Fonts, select Properties, then the CharSet tab. Mine says the Font Encoding Type is Unicode.
> ---End Quote---
> Hmm, no such tab in the properties that I see. Possibly a Win7 thing?
> My system is "TCC *12.11.71 * Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]", which I failed to mention in the beginning.
>
> But I found out: Leave the cursor on the file name for a second, and the popup description says: TrueType font file.

This may be useful: http://www.microsoft.com/typography/truetypeproperty21.mspx

It's Font properties extension, version 2.30, an MS supplied shell
extension for XP or better.
______
Dennis