Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KEYSTACK - cannot send AltGr characters

May
I have a problem using KEYSTACK to send characters produced by the Alt Gr key.

For example:

Code:
[C:\]keystack "@£$€{[]}\"

[C:\]2£4€7890+

It sends the key that would have been produced without AltGr instead, e.g. "2" instead of "@".

This is happening in normal Windows console host window with "Consolas" as font.

Using versions TCC 20.11.46 x64 Windows 10 [Version 6.3.19042]

Any way to fix this?
Maybe improved in later TCC versions?

Try as follow - for example for the @ char:
Code:
keystack ctrl-alt-@

For multiple chars:
Code:
keystack ctrl-alt-@ ctrl-alt-[

Do not use quotation marks.

This works at least with v28 ...

Thanks for the suggestion, but it does not work for me. Nothing is produced by KEYSTACK for those values. I also tested with ctrl-alt-2, but also did not work.

Then I tried simply "KEYSTACK 64" to produce a "@" character that way.
Also did not work, but "KEYSTACK 65" produced an "A" as expected.

Might it be that KEYSTACK only works properly for US keyboards? I have a European keyboard with extra characters.

"Keystack 64" also doesn't work here in v28 (I tested that before I wrote you my suggestion).

I have a Swiss-German keyboard.

And you could be right about the US keyboards, because in the help for KEY NAMES I found this ...

The above comments are based on common 101/102-key US-style keyboards. Some key combinations might not be available on some keyboards.

However: the keystack with my examples works in v28, so maybe you should really try a newer version of TCC ...

I tested with TCC 28.

There these suggestions work, thanks for that!

Code:
keystack ctrl-alt-@
keystack ctrl-alt-"2"

Sadly none of them work in TCC 20, so I guess I'll finally have to upgrade if I want to use this.
(I intended it for entering an email-address plus password.)

Plain KEYSTACK "@" does not work in TCC 28 either, a bit of a hassle, but workable now when I know the work-arounds.
Still, it's a plain ASCII character so a bit strange that it does not work.