Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Keyboard input error

Jul
I just installed TCC/LE 12.11 on a WinXP SP3.

If I use CMD, to get to a "DOS" window, everything is as I would expect.

If I start TCC/LE and I type into the window, all I can get on the command line are numerics. It does not matter which key I hit, I will get part of the string '23456789012...' The return key works and then when I type again, the sequence picks up right where it left off: one digit for every keystroke.

Any thoughts??

Thanks.

I just installed TCC/LE 12.11 on a WinXP SP3.

If I use CMD, to get to a "DOS" window, everything is as I would expect.

If I start TCC/LE and I type into the window, all I can get on the command line are numerics. It does not matter which key I hit, I will get part of the string '23456789012...' The return key works and then when I type again, the sequence picks up right where it left off: one digit for every keystroke.

Not reproducible here (and never reported by anybody else).

TCC just asks Windows for the next character (albeit with a different API than CMD uses). Apparently something on your system is hooking that API and feeding the wrong characters.

Does it behave the same way if you run TCC in the CMD window?

Not reproducible here (and never reported by anybody else).

TCC just asks Windows for the next character (albeit with a different API than CMD uses). Apparently something on your system is hooking that API and feeding the wrong characters.

Does it behave the same way if you run TCC in the CMD window?

I know that I have never heard of that happening either, nor anyone else I asked. If I run TCC in the CMD window, everything seems fine.

Thanks for the input.

Joe

I know that I have never heard of that happening either, nor anyone else I asked. If I run TCC in the CMD window, everything seems fine.

How are you starting TCC -- from a shortcut? What happens if you start it from the Start/Run dialog?

You should try running something like Process Explorer to see what's being loaded in TCC's address space.

You've likely either got a badly misbehaving plugin or some other process injecting a dll into TCC. PE will identify it.

You could also modify your shortcut to add the /I option (or add that when running TCC from the Run dialog), which tells TCC not to load TCMD.INI, execute TCSTART, or load any plugins. If that works, then you can narrow down the problem by trying the /II, /IP, /IS options individually. (See the TCC Startup Options topic in the help for details.)