Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

key aliases no longer working

Hi, I recently updated from TCC 12.10.56 to 12.10.65 and to my dismay I find that a lot of my ALT+key keystroke aliases that have been working for decades (in 4DOS) are no longer working. Taking a look at the documentation, I find the following:
"Some keys are intercepted by Windows and are not passed on to Take Command. For example, Alt-Tab, Alt-Esc and Ctrl-Esc typically pop up a task list, or are used in switching among multiple tasks. Alt-space brings down a menu to control window size and position, etc. Keys which are intercepted by the operating system (including menu accelerators, i.e. Alt plus another key) generally cannot be assigned to aliases or with key mapping directives, because Take Command never receives these keystrokes. However, KEYSTACK can send them to Windows (though not to another application)."

Since TCC 12.10.56 and any previous version of this software is proof of the contrary, is there any chance this phrase is removed from the documentation and ALT+key alias keystroke functionality returned to the product ?

Thanks,

Daniel

is there any chance this phrase is removed from the documentation and ALT+key alias keystroke functionality returned to the product ?

If you run stand-alone TCC windows you can still use Alt key combinations just like in 4DOS.

If you're running TCC in a TCMD tab window, go to "Options / Configure Take Command / Tabs" and you can select which Alt key (left or right) should go to TCMD and which should be passed through to the program running in the tabbed window (i.e., TCC).