Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jpsoft site and forum "connection was reset"

May
for some reason the jpsoft site and forum results in a "the connection was reset" in all my browsers starting around yesterday.

Is this due to a recent upgrade or something?
Currently I can only access the site through the phone (using opera mini) as it filters the RST flag.

for some reason the jpsoft site and forum results in a "the connection was reset" in all my browsers starting around yesterday.

Is this due to a recent upgrade or something?
Currently I can only access the site through the phone (using opera mini) as it filters the RST flag.

We added some additional security yesterday as we were experiencing a prolonged attack from a couple of botnets. One thing we added was a browser integrity check, which will deny access if the HTTP header has a threat signature, or if your proxy is misconfigured.

I've temporarily turned that off; let me know if you can access the site now. (If so, and you have a proxy server, it probably needs reconfiguring.)

if it's still off, then that wasn't it.
I've tried with FF 8.0, and IE 9, with the same results. Access through proxify.com works, as that too filters the rst flag.

Apparently wrong headers (or similar) serverside might trigger rst for some reason.
I seem to remember something like that regarding a wordpress update a long while ago on a couple of other sites (they work now though).
No idea how to avoid it on my side except maybe install a nonMS firewall or something.

Btw, no proxy. Just a netgear wnr3500l router which I've never had any issues with..

I've tried with FF 8.0, and IE 9, with the same results. Access through proxify.com works, as that too filters the rst flag.

The server is showing a few IP addresses blocked in the last few minutes, because they are flagged either as bots or spammers. Can you email me your IP address (to [email protected]) so I can see if you're being (incorrectly) identified in either group?

Apparently wrong headers (or similar) serverside might trigger rst for some reason.
I seem to remember something like that regarding a wordpress update a long while ago on a couple of other sites (they work now though).
No idea how to avoid it on my side except maybe install a nonMS firewall or something.

Btw, no proxy. Just a netgear wnr3500l router which I've never had any issues with..

There are a couple of other (less likely) possibilities:

1) I changed the nameservers for jpsoft.com, so it's possible that it hasn't propagated to your ISP. (Though that should give a different error.)

2) There were a couple of other options I still had turned on that *might* affect you (though probably only if your ISP is a bit wonky). I've disabled them temporarily; try again and see if you can access the site.

using direct.jpsoft.com worked.. The normal one didn't.

All links on the site and forum seems to be absolute, so it can't be used as a temporary replacement though, as they revert to jpsoft.com

whatever you did today (I think) finally managed to resolve the "connection was reset" error both on the main site and forum.