Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Documentation Installer for TCMD 15 Beta

May
Rex,
I should preface this with, I probably have an unsupported config for my Windows 8/Take Command but here it goes:

I have a SSD as my C drive so what I did is I moved my profile directory from C:\user\fromano to D:\user\fromano and put in a directory junction in C:user pointing to D:\user, to conserve space on the SSD, after I installed TCMD it blew away my junction and created a regular directory there with some appdata folder (roaming, local...etc), it was easy enough to fix by logging in as admin to the machine and delete the directory and recreating the junction.

Otherwise it looks really good so far, great work

P.S.
I just tried the 32-bit installer will try the 64 bit later today and see if the same thing happens with that installer
D.S.

- Federico

I don't know, I've found junction more reliable, don''t remember what but I had problems in the past with symbolic links

Do you have your user profile moved with a symbolic link, or are you just asking out of curiosity?

I have a SSD as my C drive so what I did is I moved my profile directory from C:\user\fromano to D:\user\fromano and put in a directory junction in C:user pointing to D:\user, to conserve space on the SSD, after I installed TCMD it blew away my junction and created a regular directory there with some appdata folder (roaming, local...etc), it was easy enough to fix by logging in as admin to the machine and delete the directory and recreating the junction.

I don't have any idea how that could be happening, but there's not going to be anything I can do about it. I just tell the Windows Installer to create the appdata\local\jpsoft directory if it doesn't exist (for the TCMD.INI file); it's up to Windows to do it. It's surprising that the Windows Installer would be going to the trouble to remove the symlink before creating subdirectories, but perhaps Microsoft has a reason for it. (I'd ask them, but they wouldn't tell me.)