Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WAD @index not working in v16 x64

Apr
Code:
TCC 16.00.38 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright 2014 JP Software Inc. All Rights Reserved
Registered to Charles S. Galloway - 5 System License

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]if not 1 == 01 echo FAIL (looks like CMD.EXE)

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]*if %@index[4NT!TCC!TCCLE!TCMD32!,%_cmdproc!] == -1 echo FAIL (unknown shell)
FAIL (unknown shell)

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]*if %_4ver lt 7 echo FAIL (_4VER less than 7)

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]echo %_cmdproc
TCC

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]echo "%_cmdproc"
"TCC"

I've just installed v16 on another 64-bit machine to test. It still works as expected for me.

What does the SETDOS command report?

Code:
[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]setdos
ANSI=0
COMPOUND=&
DESCRIPTIONS=1  (DESCRIPT.ION)
ESCAPE=^
EVAL=0.10
EXPANSION=0
MODE=1
NOCLOBBER=1
PARAMETERS=$
CURSOR OVERSTRIKE=15
CURSOR INSERT=100
VERBOSE=0

Nothing weird there. I'm baffled.

I have found that OPTION CMDVARIABLES, if enabled, will break the test in question. But it breaks almost everything, including ECHO %_CMDPROC. If that were on, you'd be seeing a whole lot more issues.

Are you able to install the x64 version?

Hopefully Rex will chime in soon....

Nothing weird there. I'm baffled.

I have found that OPTION CMDVARIABLES, if enabled, will break the test in question. But it breaks almost everything, including ECHO %_CMDPROC. If that were on, you'd be seeing a whole lot more issues.
I can toggle Charles's error with the "DelayedExpansion" directive, available via the OPTION dialog ... Yes = error, No = no error.

What is the option text for the "DelayedExpansion" directive? Nothing seems to be close to it for me...

What is the option text for the "DelayedExpansion" directive? Nothing seems to be close to it for me...
In the OPTION dialog, Startup tab, it's "CMD.EXE delayed expansion (!var!)".
In the INI file, I think it's "DelayedExpansion".

Charles. I have it working now. Since it seems to be the DelayedExpansion INI directive - it might be a good idea to modify the RegTweaks.btm so it saves the OPTION[], changes it to off, then reverses the process before the BTM is finished.

Also I did the RegTweaks /undo and looked at the .REG file (attached) and it seems to be saving more then the JPSoft related items. Is it possible to modify the -undo processing so it just does the JPSoft products?

NOTE: Edited since I forgot to upload the .REG file (renamed)

Attachments

• Backup 2014-01-23.reg.txt
    22 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Charles. I have it working now. Since it seems to be the DelayedExpansion INI directive - it might be a good idea to modify the RegTweaks.btm so it saves the OPTION[], changes it to off, then reverses the process before the BTM is finished.

Or just change all the exclamation points to periods or dollar signs or something....

Or just simple spaces would work too.
Code:
*if %@index[4NT TCC TCCLE TCMD32,%_cmdproc] == -1 echo FAIL (unknown shell)

I typically use semicolon ";", esp. when spaces are possible. Hasn't failed me yet.

Of course, I never use CMD, so all CMD compatibility directives are off...

There are instances when only ASCII is available (7-bit), but not the vertical bar. In those circumstances I use the exclamation mark for column separator in tables (the visually closest), where the issue might have hurt me but for choosing incompatibility with CMD.