Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I need a little help.

Jun
I have been a happy owner/user for 4dos thru 4nt for many years and this is the first time that I have asked for help in a long time.

I am a registered owner of Take Command Ver. 9.02.151 with 1 system license. The software is installed on my desktop as well as my laptop. I use the laptop while traveling and teaching. I recently changed the configuration of the laptop from a single user with admin rights to a multiple users; the original user with admin plus two additional users- one for teaching and one for travel. These two do not have admin rights. The three users (all are really me) are password protected in the event that the laptop is lost/stolen. 4nt works great in original user mode but won't run when I'm logged in as "Travel." The error message says that the trial version has expired. When I attempt to register it using the original "Registered to name" and the registration key, the program returns with a "Name and Registration" don't match error message.

What do I need to do to make the program accept the original user's name and registration key so that I can use 4nt while logged in as a different user?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

What do I need to do to make the program accept the original user's name and registration key so that I can use 4nt while logged in as a different user?

Caveat: I haven't tested this; I'm only guessing that it ought to work. Back up everything in your Take Command directory before trying it!

First, update to the latest build of Take Command 9. Download and install: ftp://jpsoft.com/oldver/tcmd902.exe

Then, download this: ftp://jpsoft.com/oldver/takecmd_inikey.dll

Rename it as TakeCmd.dll and move it into your Take Command directory, overwriting the TakeCmd.dll that's already there. (You'll have to do this from Explorer or Cmd.exe; you can't overwrite the .DLL while Take Command is running.)

Start Take Command, and then try entering your license info.

Hope it helps....

Charles,

Thank you for the effort. I created a new folder called c:\4ntold and copied all files from c:\4nt into it. I then downloaded both files and reinstalled. I then renamed the dll file and copied it to the c:\4nt folder. I then ran TCC. It came up with the message that the program wasn't registered and I had thirty days to try it. I then clicked on Register and entered the Name and key that I used to install it originally. Once again the program said that "User Name / key combination not valid!"

Additional ideas are welcome.... From anyone....

harvey wrote:

> Charles,
>
> Thank you for the effort. I created a new folder called c:\4ntold and copied all files from c:\4nt into it. I then downloaded both files and reinstalled. I then renamed the dll file and copied it to the c:\4nt folder. I then ran TCC. It came up with the message that the program wasn't registered and I had thirty days to try it. I then clicked on Register and entered the Name and key that I used to install it originally. Once again the program said that "User Name / key combination not valid!"

You're probably either not entering the exact registration info
(including capitalization and things like the "1 System License" part),
or you're entering a username and key from a different version.

Send me the registration info you're trying to use (in a private email,
not on the forum) and I'll verify it here.

Rex Conn
JP Software

Rex,

Thank you for your reply. After reading what you posted, the light bulb lit over my head. I realized that I failed to include the "-1 System License". I also used the wrong key. What I was using was the old key for 4nt not for Take Command. Once I used the proper data, all went well. I am now able to use 4nt on the laptop using all my different logons.

I am now a very happy camper!