Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I have a 0xc0000005 with tcmd.exe and ntdll.dll

Jan
Hello

I have always a 0xc0000005 with tcmd.exe and ntdll.dll! IIt seems it was always the case since I installed TCMD 19 on my Windows 10 Pro x64.

I did not notice it immediately, because the program does not crash itself.

Each time I start TCMD icon flicker for a moment and it is apparently created an error entry in the Windows protocol (see picture below). The same then also when I quit TCMD!

My System: Windows 10 Pro x64, Swiss-German localization and language (de_CH)
TCMD 19.10.46 x64

I made at least the following to resolve the problem without success:

- Deinstall and Reinstall of TCMD
- Deinstall and Reinstall of Windows (CLEAN not Upgrade)
- SFC /SCANNOW (including a "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:E:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess" before (from Original MS Image).
- Virus Scan (System is clean)
- Virus Scan deactivated while installing TCMD
- Tested with another user with admin rights
- Tested with different compatibility configs

Here a screenshot from error report:

tcmd-problem.JPG

It's not a dramatically problem - because I can use TCMD - nevertheless I would like to avoid this error of course.

Thanks for help in advance!

If the crash is in TCMD, you'll have a file "TCMD.exception.log", which will have detailed crash info. Please send that to us.

If you don't have that file, then the crash is in third-party code that is being injected into TCMD.EXE. That's hard for me to diagnose remotely, though it usually ends up being a screen manager or antivirus app.

The TCMD.exception.log file is empty. What I have is tons of "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_tcmd.exe_..." directories with "Report.wer" files.

No screen manager and tested with deactivated antivirus with same result. But I can imagine that IT IS an injecting - unfortunately I have no idea from what except see below ... IIRC it was a problem in previous Win 10 release already and now in the current too.

Well, the installations of Win 10 were clean but the drivers were already installed, so THIS could be a reason, I think ...

Should I send the latest "Report.wer" to you?

Thank you, Rex!

I have found out the reason for this behaviour!

With the standard theme "Office 2013" I have NO problem. Since I had switched to Theme "Office 2007 Schwarz" (Schwarz = Black), I have this behaviour.

It's always reproducable under my Windows 10 x64 1511 (10586).

PS: Other Styles may also a problem ...