Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

how to copy to folder where I need admin rights

Jun
Hi. I am using windows 7 rc and Take command 9.02. What I would like to do is to copy to a folder, but the message I get is access denied. I can copy fine with windows explorer without even getting the uac prompt, so what could be the problem here?

Thanks much.

On 2009-06-26 09:56, covici wrote:

> Hi. I am using windows 7 rc and Take command 9.02. What I would like to do is to copy to a folder, but the message I get is access denied. I can copy fine with windows explorer without even getting the uac prompt, so what could be the problem here?

UAC in Windows 7 has been revamped, so it won't bother you anymore for fairly regular stuff, such as mucking around in \Program Files.

In this case, I suspect you just need to start Take Command in elevated mode.

Well, I tried running take command as administrator, but I get the same result. I would actually like to do this in a .btm file, but there seems to be no way to run a .btm fileas administrator -- windows keeps asking me what program to use to open it, and I tried tcc.exe with not the desired result.

On 2009-06-26 12:47, covici wrote:

> Well, I tried running take command as administrator, but I get the same result. I would actually like to do this in a .btm file, but there seems to be no way to run a .btm fileas administrator -- windows keeps asking me what program to use to open it, and I tried tcc.exe with not the desired result.

Can you please echo the value of %_ELEVATED on your command line and/or btm file?

On 2009-06-26 12:47, covici wrote:

Can you please echo the value of %_ELEVATED on your command line and/or btm file?

if I type echo %_ELEVATED it just says echo and echo off on the next line. This is true even if I run take command in administrator mode. Turning echo on makes no difference.

On 2009-06-26 15:16, covici wrote:

> if I type echo %_ELEVATED it just says echo and echo off on the next line. This is true even if I run take command in administrator mode. Turning echo on makes no difference.

Sorry, I had not read your original post thoroughly enough... You are using v9, so this won't have the _ELEVATED internal variable. I'm at a loss as to what goes wrong here, unfortunately.