Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to affect which Tcl interpreter is loaded

Th v23 help explains that (if enabled) "TCC will automatically load a Tcl interpreter when it starts." I have not found any clue as how TCC locates that interpreter. Due to the way in which an application I use implements its own scripting support, I sometimes need to use the Tcl interpreter that it provides, and sometimes need to use the more modern Tcl interpreter available from ActiveState. Hence, my question:

How can a .btm script control which (of potentially several) Tcl interpreters is loaded for execution of Tcl fragments and scripts?

BTW, I tried to find a post on this, but was stymied by the forum search facility's rejection of 'Tcl' as a search term. (It's too short.)

Thanks, Rex, for that info. That solves the problem of controlling this for a new TCC process (or one known to have never used the TCL functionality.)

Does passing an empty string into the @TCL[] function repeat that process? The help says this resets the interpreter, which could be comprehensively effected by unloading the DLL then reloading it.

You don't have to waste %PATH% with DLL locations.
reg:"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths"

Back