Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

History settings

Jun
1) How do I change the font type and size in the history window (PgUp/PgDown) and the dir window (Ctrl-PgUp/Ctrl-PgDown)? The one I get is big and clunky.

2) In the option dialog, I see 2 separate pointers to history files: under Startup tab/Logging/History check box/File, as well as Command Line tab/History File. Same thing goes for directory files. Why the duplication? Is there a functional difference in what these files record?

3) Is there a way to set a size limit on TCC's log files (history log, error log, dir log, history file, etc), so that older entries are expunged regularly? My command log is growing fast. I see the History Buffer Sizes setting, but I assume it applies to the local memory buffer, not log files.

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:36:52 -0500, you wrote:

>1) How do I change the font type and size in the history window (PgUp/PgDown) and the dir window (Ctrl-PgUp/Ctrl-PgDown)? The one I get is big and clunky.

I think it's supposed to be the same size as the font in the tab window.

>2) In the option dialog, I see 2 separate pointers to history files: under Startup tab/Logging/History check box/File, as well as Command Line tab/History File. Same thing goes for directory files. Why the duplication? Is there a functional difference in what these files record?

The second one you mentioned is automatically saved/loaded at shutdown/startup.

>3) Is there a way to set a size limit on TCC's log files (history log, error log, dir log, history file, etc), so that older entries are expunged regularly? My command log is growing fast. I see the "History Buffer Sizes" setting, but I assume it applies to the local memory buffer, not log files.

I don't think so. My history file is 8 MB. I prevent a lot of ordinary stuff
from getting logged via the HistoryExclude environment variable (DIR, CD, CDD,
CSL, ...). And I periodically sort the file and get rid of duplicates. It's
nice that it contains stuff going back years. It was created in 2004 and I have
never emptied it.