Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

History popups doesn't remember its position/size

Nov
History popups don't remember their position/size

[Running TCC LE 12.00.35 on Win7]

I read through previous threads on this topic but just can't get it to work. The pop up windows for commands and directories always has the same tiny size, showing 4 lines of text and enough width.

I can resize it, but the next time I pop it up, it's back to its small self :)

I tried removing all the CDDWin* and PopupWin* from TCMD.INI, with no luck.

Any thoughts?

thanks!
David

Re: History popups don't remember their position/size

[Running TCC LE 12.00.35 on Win7]

I read through previous threads on this topic but just can't get it to work. The pop up windows for commands and directories always has the same tiny size, showing 4 lines of text and enough width.

I can resize it, but the next time I pop it up, it's back to its small self :)

I tried removing all the CDDWin* and PopupWin* from TCMD.INI, with no luck.

Please post TCC/LE questions in the TCC/LE forum.

The saving & restoring of resized popup windows is not supported in TCC/LE, only in the full TCC.

The saving & restoring of resized popup windows is not supported in TCC/LE, only in the full TCC.

Thanks Rex, I'll upgrade to the full TCC. BTW, I've been using 4dos since 1988! :) I have a license for a much older version, but haven't use it in a couple years. But I think I'm going to start using it again.

David

How do you do get tcc to save those without manually messing with tcmd.ini?
I have TC 12.00.36 (full), and it does'nt save history window position/size,
as it apparently is supposed to according to your statement in the quote.

Manually changing them in tcmd.ini works, but for a few major versions (starting with v9 I think)
now, just about all config options/directives are undocumented except 9 advanced directives + keymapping.

How do you do get tcc to save those without manually messing with tcmd.ini?
I have TC 12.00.36 (full), and it does'nt save history window position/size,
as it apparently is supposed to according to your statement in the quote.

Manually changing them in tcmd.ini works, but for a few major versions (starting with v9 I think) now, just about all config options/directives are undocumented except 9 advanced directives + keymapping.

You probably copied your old settings over to the new TCMD.INI. Several versions ago, the popup window positions were changed from row/column to screen coordinates. The old row/column values are still supported for backwards compatibility, but they are not (cannot) be updated when you change the position and/or size.

The solution is to delete your old values, which will cause TCC and TCMD to use the new defaults. You can then move / resize the window and the new screen coordinates will be saved & reused.