Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Hide menu-bar, shortcuts for toolbars

Aug
I suggest to allow hiding of the menu (toolbar). Once setup is done, the menu is rarely (if ever) needed. Visible on/off could e.g. be added to the pop up menu of the console.

Additionally I'd like to have shortcuts to hide/show:
* Explorer (toolbar)
* Tabbed toolbar
* (new) Menu (toolbar)

(I added a shortcut for 'Toolbars/Menus/Toolbar' (Show or hide the toolbar), _BUT_ this adds the same shortcut for Explorer and Tabbed Toolbar and didn't have an effect. Maybe this is a bug?)

Thanks for your consideration.

Hans-Peter

It looks like the menu bar was intended to be hide-able. There is a check box when I right-click on the menu bar -> Customize. But I am unable to uncheck the menu bar checkbox. Only the checkbox against Explorer is enabled.

It looks like the menu bar was intended to be hide-able. There is a check box when I right-click on the menu bar -> Customize. But I am unable to uncheck the menu bar checkbox. Only the checkbox against Explorer is enabled.

I think the logic is that if Rex allowed you to hide the menu bar, he'd have to field dozens of panicked tech support calls from people who hid it and can't figure out how to bring it back.

haha, I hear you.

But you don't think something like what the OP suggested would work - add a visibility ON/OFF option to the console's popup menu?

I think the logic is that if Rex allowed you to hide the menu bar, he'd have to field dozens of panicked tech support calls from people who hid it and can't figure out how to bring it back.
Are you talking about the system menu (File|Edit|...)? I like the idea of being able to hide it. That's done in iexplore, firefox, at least a few CP applets, and probably more places that I'm unaware of ... get to it on demand with <Alt>. With that feature, one could have tabbed consoles using a minimum of extra real estate, namely that used by the tabs themselves.