Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Help window position

May
I'm sure I'm missing something, but there must be a way to tell TCMD where to place the Help window?

Every time I open the TCMD Help it opens very small in the upper right corner of my screen, and I have to move and resize it.

Can I tell it to remember the last size and position? A logical (for me) place would be the Options dialog, but I found nothing there or in the INI files.

That's actually controlled by Windows. I ran into an issue with help files not remembering or sizing correctly many years ago. I don't remember what I did any longer. But I have a vague recollection of having to delete some help support file.

Have you tried deleting ~\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\HTML Help\hh.dat ?

What is hh.dat​

This is a database file that saves such session information as the window position and favorites for the HTML Help viewer. If the file has been corrupted then .chm files may behave erratically. Windows will automatically re-create the file when you next open any .chm file.