Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Forum (XenForo) problems

May
1/ In the recent thread "Associating BTM files with IDE results in DOS box" only the posts on the first page (as displayed in Firefox) resulted in email notifications.

2/ IIRC clicking on the blue dot of the same thread before I ever seen the second page put me on the last message of the first page.

3/ Attempting to reply Charles Dye's message in the same thread more than 6 posts and 8 hours later the "reply" box did not work. To quote his post I had to use copy-and-paste, and insert quote/endquote tags manually.

Note: Since JP Software is XenForo's customer, any complaint about these problems carries no weight with XenForo unless it is made by JP Software.

1/ In the recent thread "Associating BTM files with IDE results in DOS box" only the posts on the first page (as displayed in Firefox) resulted in email notifications.

As I've mentioned a few dozen times previously, we do not provide any support for email notifications. (And neither does XenForo, since this isn't a XenForo feature.)

2/ IIRC clicking on the blue dot of the same thread before I ever seen the second page put me on the last message of the first page.

I don't know what you're referring to. What's a "blue dot"?

3/ Attempting to reply Charles Dye's message in the same thread more than 6 posts and 8 hours later the "reply" box did not work. To quote his post I had to use copy-and-paste, and insert quote/endquote tags manually.

Not reproducible here.

2/ In the XenForo "What's New?" view, there is a blue dot on which to click to view a thread starting at the first unread message (as recorded on the forum server).
3/ I tried 3 times. Charles' post is the the first one on the 2nd page of the thread here. Using the latest version of Firefox on WinXP Pro SP3 (32b).

2/ In the XenForo "What's New?" view, there is a blue dot on which to click to view a thread starting at the first unread message (as recorded on the forum server).

Works fine here (Chrome & IE -- I don't use FireFox anymore, as it's deteriorated markedly in recent versions).

3/ I tried 3 times. Charles' post is the the first one on the 2nd page of the thread here. Using the latest version of Firefox on WinXP Pro SP3 (32b).

I tried three times in Chrome and three times in IE and it worked every time.