Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Forum software upgrade

Rex,

Is it possible that you would allow users to specify the way times are displayed in the forum? I'd really like to see times in 24-hour rendition rather than 12-hour. That is, instead of 7:45 PM, I'd prefer to see 1945 or even 19:45.

Also, before login, times appear to be displayed in UTC. Is that the intent? Can it be changed to use the user's time zone?

Rex,
Is it possible that you would allow users to specify the way times are displayed in the forum? I'd really like to see times in 24-hour rendition rather than 12-hour. That is, instead of 7:45 PM, I'd prefer to see 1945 or even 19:45.

That's not currently user (or even administrator) configurable. It's been requested of the XenForo developers.

Also, before login, times appear to be displayed in UTC. Is that the intent? Can it be changed to use the user's time zone?

Not to my knowledge. The only option is to pick the default time zone for guests. I've defaulted it to UTC, because we have more European members than U.S.

That's not currently user (or even administrator) configurable. It's been requested of the XenForo developers.

Not to my knowledge. The only option is to pick the default time zone for guests. I've defaulted it to UTC, because we have more European members than U.S.

Thanks, Rex. Since there are TC users all around the world, picking UTC makes for the default not-logged-in state makes sense if it can't be made to use the time of the local machine; it would be nice if a 'Z' or 'UTC' could be appended to make it clear (or maybe a line saying something like "All times on this page are displayed in UTC."