Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Font displaying in italics in command window

Aug
Hi,

I'm using the following settings to change the font in a command window to Dejavu Sans Mono size 18:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\console]
"facename"="DejaVu Sans Mono"
"fontsize"=dword:00120000
"fontfamily"=dword:00000036
"fontweight"=dword:00000190

This works on a lot of machines but on my current home machine, the font is displayed in italics (see attachment cmd-plain). The issue is only in the standard Windows console, not in Take Command or any other terminal I tried (see cmd-in-take-command).

It occurs for any font size in Dejavu Sans Mono but for instance not with Lucida Console.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause?

Attachments

• cmd-plain.png
    cmd-plain.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 353
  • cmd-in-take-command.png
    cmd-in-take-command.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 338
I'm using the following settings to change the font in a command window to Dejavu Sans Mono size 18:

This works on a lot of machines but on my current home machine, the font is displayed in italics (see attachment cmd-plain). The issue is only in the standard Windows console, not in Take Command or any other terminal I tried (see cmd-in-take-command).

Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause?

I've seen similar issues with user-installed fonts. Windows's font support for console windows is screwy. Sometimes the console will seize upon the italic variant and insist on using it as the base font.

This is a tedious pain -- sorry -- but I'm pretty sure it will fix your issue:

* Uninstall all variants of the DejaVu font (base, italic, bold, etc.) and remove your registry tweaks. Reboot. Open a console window and verify that DejaVu no longer appears as an option in the Properties / Font tab.

* Reinstall only the base font, not any bold or italic variants. Reinstall your registry tweak and reboot.

* Open a console window and verify that the base DejaVu font is available and appears correctly. Once it's working in the console window, then you can reinstall the bold, italic, etc. font files.

That's a clever procedure and I'll report back if it worked. I'm glad I posted here (even with a not strictly TC issue) because there are some pretty bright people here replying.

I'm so bright my father calls me sonny!
:))
-Scott

thorsten <> wrote on 06/08/2011
10:09:38 AM:

> That's a clever procedure and I'll report back if it worked. I'm
> glad I posted here (even with a not strictly TC issue) because there
> are some pretty bright people here replying.
>
>