Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FFIND and LIST does not work for UTF-8 fles

Hi.

I just have a UTF-8 files with BOM.
TCM 12.1 FFIND does not find any text in it, and LIST shows an empty screen.

I atteched the file.
Whats this?

I tried to shorten the file, but TCMD seams to stop at a specific character. Even FFIND find noting and LIST shows nothing.

TCC does not support UTF-8, only ASCII and UTF-16.

(The IDE editor *does* support UTF-8, so you could start it and view the files.)

OK. But even I wonder why display of LIST is just "blank black page" and why TCC doesn't treat the file as plain text file.

I just wanted to search a plain text like this
FFIND /T"test" myfile.txt
And "test" is part of the file. Why it doesn't work.

OK if i would have used umlauts like äüö I would understand it.

OK. But even I wonder why display of LIST is just "blank black page" and why TCC doesn't treat the file as plain text file.

I just wanted to search a plain text like this
FFIND /T"test" myfile.txt
And "test" is part of the file. Why it doesn't work.

OK if i would have used umlauts like äüö I would understand it.

I'd have to see the file (which was not attached in your first message). There may be embedded nulls or ^Z's.

TCC does not support UTF-8, only ASCII and UTF-16

Perhaps you should consider supporting them (in the next version or the one after - I'm guessing you might skip version 13 for obvious reasons :)), as they are the most common encoding in my experience after ASCII/ANSI.

Perhaps you should consider supporting them (in the next version or the one after - I'm guessing you might skip version 13 for obvious reasons :)), as they are the most common encoding in my experience after ASCII/ANSI.

Common in Linux systems, but definitely not in Windows systems. (As evidenced by the fact that it took 15 years for somebody to ask about it!)

If someone wants to suggest it in the Feedback forum, I'll consider it for the next version.

Common in Linux systems, but definitely not in Windows systems. (As evidenced by the fact that it took 15 years for somebody to ask about it!)

If someone wants to suggest it in the Feedback forum, I'll consider it for the next version.

Even if it took 15 years for somebody asking for it, it is a common problem. For me as a programmer more and more files are encoded in such a way.

I just wrote a suggestion.
http://jpsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14653#post14653