Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Effectively "combine" date and time ranges...

May
It is, of course, quite possible that I am simply just "missing" something here, but I don't want/need between 12:00 and 1:00 every day int the past three days, what I'd like is "since 1:45 PM 2 days ago". Again, maybe I'm missing something here but I don't see any way to do that. (I'm a little bit embarrassed as to why I want this other than to say that it has to do with only "backing up" files on my Z: (RAM disk) drive since a given date/time. I suppose I could just "turn off" the archive bit on all of the "backed up" files after I've backed them up, but for reason even I don't understand I really don't want to do it that way.)

- Dan

Form the "Date Ranges" page in the Help: "The default time for the first date is the beginning of that day, and for the second date it is the end of that day. This is true even if the dates are in descending order, i.e., the first date is later than the second one. You can alter these defaults by including specific start and stop times inside the date range. The time is separated from the date with an at sign @. For example, the range /[d2010-7-15@8:00a,2010-7-35@6:00p] selects files that were modified at any time between 8:00:00 am on July 1, 2010 and 6:00:00 pm on July 3, 2010. If you prefer, you can specify the times in 24-hour format (e.g., @18:00 for the end time in the previous example)."

Thank you, Dave, I really expected as much (as to "How could Rex even overlook such a thing???") but I didn't see it in the docs myself (poor eyesight as usual, I would suppose). And this capability turns something that is otherwise somewhat aggravating to do into something that is very quick and easy to do. Thank you as always, Rex; I literally couldn't survive without TCC.

- Dan