Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Drag & Drop in Win10

samintz

Scott Mintz
May
In Windows 10, if I run TCMD as Administrator, I cannot drag and drop files from Explorer. But if I don't run elevated, then I cannot do things like MKLINK /D. Or run PSUBST /P.

Is there a work around for this? I have barely started using Win10 and I'm already swearing at my computer. Giving it the finger isn't helping.

I did find this information for how to disable UAC in Win10.

Run gpedit.msc to open the Local Group Policy Editor. Expand Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, and Security Options. Four settings need to be updated:

1. Set "User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode" to Elevate without prompting.
  2. Set "User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for elevation" to Disabled.
  3. Set "User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode" to Disabled.
  4. Set "User Account Control: Only elevate UIAccess applications that are installed in secure locations" to Disabled.
The LGPE automatically saves all changes, so exit it and reboot.

I don't suppose anyone has a SUDO command plugin?