Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Displaying file content with @line

Aug
Hi,

I'd like to display the first line of a file with `scrput` and `@line`. Unfortunately the file contains % characters and those are stripped from the output. The documentation says to "Beware of characters with special meaning to TCC [...] Use SETDOS /X with appropriate codes as needed". When I use "setdos /x-3", I can't use '%@line' anymore.

So what can I do to display the "raw" file content?

Hi,

I'd like to display the first line of a file with `scrput` and `@line`. Unfortunately the file contains % characters and those are stripped from the output. The documentation says to "Beware of characters with special meaning to TCC [...] Use SETDOS /X with appropriate codes as needed". When I use "setdos /x-3", I can't use '%@line' anymore.

Check out the @SAFELINE function in Charles Dye's SAFECHARS plugin at http://prospero.unm.edu/plugins/safechars.html .

Hi,

How about SETDOS /X-4?
Code:
v:\> echo %@line[avtemp.btm,12]
set host=

v:\> setdos /x-4

v:\> echo %@line[avtemp.btm,12]
set host=%[host%@mrand[1,2]]