Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

different results between tcmd and cmd

Nov
I've been trying TC for a little while, before i'm going to purchase the software.
Now, i'm (more or less) having a problem in the 'readout' of a simple DIR command in TC.

For example, in /windows/system32 i'm asking dir perf* in both tcmd and cmd and the results differ.
Tcmd returnes only 11 files, while cmd returnes 20 files, on the same system in the same directory.
I cannot explain why. Have been trying to exclude the alias.lst (which contains my aliases) and tried to turn on/off several system switches in the software, but i keep on getting different results.
Can anyone give me a 'hint' where to look, because with different results, i cannot trust the software, can i.

The OS is running windows 7 Dutch language, but the language should not make a difference, should it?

I cannot get any pictures here to 'prove' my findings, so you have to believe my word for it. It has happenend on several systems over here.

For example, in /windows/system32 i'm asking dir perf* in both tcmd and cmd and the results differ.
Tcmd returnes only 11 files, while cmd returnes 20 files, on the same system in the same directory.

If you're running 64-bit Windows and 32-bit TCMD, then that would be expected. Windows will (silently) redirect 32-bit app to a different (WOW64) directory. CMD in this instance will be the x64 version, so you'll be viewing different directories.

If you are using Windows x64, just download & install the 64-bit version of TCMD.