Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fixed delay until question

Hi:
The following code returns control immediately:

C:\]date /t
Tue 2011/12/13

[C:\]time /t
11:22:00

[C:\]delay /b until 2011-12-13 12:00
------immediate return?

Version: TCC 13.00.21 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

If I change the date to 2011-12-14 the command functions as expected.

Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Question 2: When testing the above I invoked "delay /b until 2011-12-14 12:00". The delay waits correctly but ctrl+C, ctrl-break and any other keystroke (the /b option) DOES NOT WORK. I have to close the tab in order to terminate the function.

Note: I got into this because I wanted a script that executes every hour on the hour. Using the delay without the date in the until clause worked fine until midnight so I just added today's date until the script hit 23:00 and wanted to wait on the next hour then I changed the date to tomorrows date. I can program around this but I don't think the "delay until" command is working properly. Or maybe I missed something.

David

I spent some time digging arou
The following code returns control immediately:

C:\]date /t
Tue 2011/12/13

[C:\]time /t
11:22:00

[C:\]delay /b until 2011-12-13 12:00
------immediate return?

I spent some time digging in the code and found that a Windows 7 API is (unpredictably) occasionally returning completely wrong results. I have a workaround for 13.01.35, which I will upload in another day or two (need to follow up on another bug report first).