Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Defaults for TCC

Jul
I can back up the settings for TCMD by copying C:\ProgramData\JP Software\Take Command 24\TCMD.INI. But how / where do I find the settings for TCC? Those for TCMD do not seem to coincide.

I can back up the settings for TCMD by copying C:\ProgramData\JP Software\Take Command 24\TCMD.INI. But how / where do I find the settings for TCC? Those for TCMD do not seem to coincide.
TCC's settings should be in the same file, in the [4NT] section.

If that's so, why, if I copy the TCMD.ini file over to a new install, do the TCMD settings carry over but not the TCC settings?

If that's so, why, if I copy the TCMD.ini file over to a new install, do the TCMD settings carry over but not the TCC settings?
No idea. I've been copying TCMD.INI to a new version for many years. The only thing I have to change is the location od TCSTART.BTM and TCEXIT.BTM. At the TCC prompt, issue "echo %_ininame" to see if TCC is using the file you think it's using.

Guys then I do not understand. I use the default directories for installation/upgrades. So the TCMD.INI file is in C:\ProgramData\JP Software\Take Command 24\TCMD.INI. In the "4NT" section though, I see no "Font" property or declaration, and the font is one of the things that does NOT carry over. That and window size/placement.

The font is a property of the console. If you start TCC from a shortcut, right click the shortcut and look at its properties. Also, with REGEDIT, look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\... You may find at least one subkey named (roughly) for TCC. In it will be various console properties. If you don't have a shortcut and don't find such a registry key then TCC will be using the default console properties, which are in HKCU\Console itself.