Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTRL-C does not work on Windows 7 64-bit

Jan
Hello, I'm running TC 12.00.42x64 on Windows 7 64-bit and the CTRL+C keyboard shortcut does not appear to work. When I use the shortcut, a ^c displays in the TC window but the data is not copied to the clipboard.

Strangely, CTRL+V to paste works fine.

Is there a fix this, or a way to define a diffent set of keys so I can get a working copy shortcut from the command line?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello, I'm running TC 12.00.42x64 on Windows 7 64-bit and the CTRL+C keyboard shortcut does not appear to work. When I use the shortcut, a ^c displays in the TC window but the data is not copied to the clipboard.

It looks like the help file is in error; that should be Ctrl-Y.

The default copy shortcut key is Ctrl-Ins. You can redefine the shortcut by right-clicking on the menu bar, selecting Customize, and then selecting the Keyboard tab. The current shortcut keys will appear in the drop-down menus to the right of the commands.

Ctrl-C normally breaks out of the current program. I wouldn't recommend using Ctrl-C to copy unless you never want to abort a batch file or cancel a program in an endless loop.

As an alternative to Ctrl-C, I add Alt-C to the copy command. I also
define Alt-V for paste (Ctrl-V still works, too), Alt-P to paste the
highlighted text to the command line (Copy+Paste), and Alt-R to paste
the highlighted text and run the command (Copy+Paste+Run).

I find Alt-R to be especially useful. I often use DIR to display files,
select the one I want to run (usually because of an executable
extension), and then use Alt-R to run the file.

-- Jay