Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Creating or Editing TCMD Themes

Jun
Is there a way for users to edit existing Take Command themes or to create new ones?

I would like a theme in which the active tab has one color while all the others have a second color (preferably configurable, at least strongly distinct). Some of the existing themes provide tabs with two slightly different appearances, but only slightly different.

-- Jay Sage

No, themes are not user-configurable.

Several versions ago (v 9/10) Take Command supported user-definable skins, but it was dropped due to a complete lack of interest by the user community.

Any chance of getting you to add a theme of the sort I described, with a bright color for the active tab and a less bright, single color for all the other tabs?

-- Jay

Zero chance for 14.0. A miniscule chance for a future version, since I didn't create any of the existing themes. I'd have to spend at least a few days learning how they're done and then a few more creating another one. Not really worth it from my viewpoint for one user, but you can put it on the feedback forum and if you get significant backing your odds go way up.

I didn't create any of the existing themes. I'd have to spend at least a few days learning how they're done and then a few more creating another one. Not really worth it...

Forget it then. I didn't realize that you didn't create them. It is not worth it unless it was a quick, easy edit of something. I seem to have been able to live with the existing themes -- or no themes at all -- for a very long time, so I think I can continue that way.

Where do the themes come from? Maybe there are more that can just be stuck in.

-- Jay

.... the only one that I left out was the ribbon (Office 2010), which would probably drive most users into an insane frenzy. ("The ribbon took up two extra lines on my screen!!)

Guilty; I hate that thing. (And it's more like six lines of my console font.)