Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WAD copy /u ftp local with Timeout?

Apr
TCC 17.00.77 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright 2015 JP Software Inc. All Rights Reserved
Registered to Charles S Galloway - 5 System License

if a copy from FTP site to local drive, and there is a timeout - then the current file is DEL'd from the local drive. This seems to be a bug?

if a copy from FTP site to local drive, and there is a timeout - then the current file is DEL'd from the local drive. This seems to be a bug?
What would you want it to do? ... leave a partially copied file? You can't restart the COPY of an FTP file.

I would want it not to remove the local copy - even if out of date....
I don't understand. LOCALFILE already exists locally, and you say COPY ftp://REMOTEFILE LOCALFILE (right?). It must zap the local file before COPY can write anything to it. If it's doing that before determining that the remote file exists (prevented by the timeout) then that's an issue for Rex.

I don't understand. LOCALFILE already exists locally, and you say COPY ftp://REMOTEFILE LOCALFILE (right?). It must zap the local file before COPY can write anything to it. If it's doing that before determining that the remote file exists (prevented by the timeout) then that's an issue for Rex.

The exact command I am using is:

copy /a: /e /f /g /md /s /u /w "ftp://whatever...*" c:\whatever\

The display shows the timeout then the local file is DEL'd.

WAD - Windows (not TCC) deletes the local file before the copy starts. There is no "undo" if the copy fails.