Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Copy Ftp on Server 2008 painfully slow

Sep
TC 10

I have some btm scripts that run on my laptop XP Pro with an older version of Take Command, work fine, but somewhat slow

On server 2008, which I am using as my workstation, each line of copy ftp is very slow, maybe 20 seconds, and doesn't seem to copy anything anyway.

There is a 550 error on some lines (maybe all)

The windows firewall has an ftp outgoing rule to allow traffic on port 21

What can I do?

Thanks

Kygre wrote:

> TC 10
>
> I have some btm scripts that run on my laptop XP Pro with an older version of Take Command, work fine, but somewhat slow
>
> On server 2008, which I am using as my workstation, each line of copy ftp is very slow, maybe 20 seconds, and doesn't seem to copy anything anyway.
>
> There is a 550 error on some lines (maybe all)
>
> The windows firewall has an ftp outgoing rule to allow traffic on port 21
>
> What can I do?

Are you using IFTP?

It's definitely not a generic Server 2008 problem; I'm using that here
on two systems & ftp transfers are the same speed as any other Windows
version. (Maybe a little faster.)

Rex Conn
JP Software

Yes, using iftp.

I've been working on the old machine mainly, but I still need to migrate to my server 2008 workstation.

ANother thing I noticed, aside from being very slow, file by file, is that existing files on the target that were to be overwritten, were zeroed out.

Here is the script. I stopped it after the first file copy command:

BEGIN COPY OF SCRIPT RUN

TCC 10.00.75 Windows 2008 [Version 6.0.6001]Copyright 2009 Rex Conn & JP Software Inc. All Rights ReservedRegistered to Richard Green - 1 System License

[D:\Fld\InetPub\GacDeploy\KbSites\PromoBoutiques]Deploy.PromoBoutiques.Toklat.btm

set TrgIp=xx.31.77.2
set TrgMachine=Toklat
set SrcDrive=
set SrcPath=\Fld\InetPub\wwwRoot\KbSites\PromoBoutiques\
set SrcFolder=PromoBoutiques
set TrgPath=/wwwRoot/KbSuite/
set TrgFolder=UniqueBoutiques

Call Deploy.PromoBoutiques.Generic.Iftp.btm

Call Deploy.PromoBoutiques.LoginData.btm
set Lgn=MyLgn
set Pwd=MyPwd

set SrcFullPath=\Fld\InetPub\wwwRoot\KbSites\PromoBoutiques\PromoBoutiques

set Target=ftp://Lgn:[email protected]/wwwRoot/KbSuite/UniqueBoutiques/iftp ftp://Lgn:[email protected]/wwwRoot/KbSuite/UniqueBoutiques/

set Target=ftp:copy \Fld\InetPub\wwwRoot\KbSites\PromoBoutiques\PromoBoutiques\AppSettingsToklat.config
ftp:D:\Fld\InetPub\wwwRoot\KbSites\PromoBoutiques\PromoBoutiques\AppSettingsToklat.config

=> ftp://xx.31.77.2/wwwRoot/KbSuite/UniqueBoutiques/AppSettingsToklat.config

TCC: D:\Fld\InetPub\GacDeploy\KbSites\PromoBoutiques\Deploy.PromoBoutiques.Generic.Iftp.btm [47] 550 "/wwwRoot/KbSuite/UniqueBoutiques/AppSettingsToklat.config" 0 files copied

END COPY OF SCRIPT RUN

Not only was the file not copied, but the file on the target server was deleted.

Any suggestions? This script runs on my XPPro workstation.

Thanks,

Kyle

Thanks,

Kyle