Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

COPY command entry

I noticed this after upgrading from build 23 to 27 and see it also in 29. When I begin to type the COPY command at the prompt, the space after the command is ignored and I have to enter a second space before I can type the arguments. This only happens when I first type this particular command from the beginning of the prompt. If I edit another command, like CLS, to be COPY, that doesn't happen.

Code:
D:\>which copy
copy is an internal command

D:\>ver /r

TCC  15.00.29   Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
TCC Build 29   Windows 7 Build 7601  Service Pack 1

Are you saying you press the space key and the space doesn't show up in the console/TCMD?

This cannot be related in any way to the parser -- when you're entering the command line, TCC has no idea what command is (nor does it care) until you press Enter. The only exception for this is if you're running TCC inside TCMD, TCC will send the first argument to TCMD to display the syntax (if available) for that command on the command line. (But that is not specific to COPY -- if that feature were causing the problem, you'd see it everywhere.)

If you're running TCC stand-alone, then check your key aliases and plugins to see if any of them are trapping the key.

Build 23 worked as expected. Builds 27 and 29 don't. My process did not change between those builds, though the behavior did. I do not create key aliases. No plugins are loaded. TCC is in a tab. Is there anything else I can check?