Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

converting from NT to TCC/LE

Oct
In NT I could run my cursor across part of the display and copy the highlighted area. How can I do that in TCC/LE?

I believe you're thinking of the "QuickEdit" feature that lets you highlight text with the mouse. That's technically a feature of the console subsystem, not CMD.EXE or TCC per se, and you enable it the same way in either one. Right-click on the shortcut that you use to start TCC/LE and select "Properties". On the "Options" tab there should be a tick box labelled "QuickEdit mode". Make sure that's turned on. (You can also turn it on or off via the control menu at the upper-left corner of the console window, but the option may or may not be saved if you change it that way.)

I believe you're thinking of the "QuickEdit" feature that lets you highlight text with the mouse. That's technically a feature of the console subsystem, not CMD.EXE or TCC per se, and you enable it the same way in either one. Right-click on the shortcut that you use to start TCC/LE and select "Properties". On the "Options" tab there should be a tick box labelled "QuickEdit mode". Make sure that's turned on. (You can also turn it on or off via the control menu at the upper-left corner of the console window, but the option may or may not be saved if you change it that way.)
Thank you for your patience -- 10 years since I was expert in NT...

Thanks also, I recently moved from TCMD 7 to TCLE, and I thought that was an feature I lost moving to the LE version of TCC.

Nice to have it back.

Keith