Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Control-Shift-X

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
May
Staff member
Testing with the following command line:
Code:
echo %@lower[%_cwd]
With the cursor anywhere on %_CWD, Control-Shift-X expands the variable as expected, and leaves the cursor at the end of the command line. A second press of Control-Shift-X (in hopes of evaluating the function) erases the command line....

Using this command line:
Code:
echo %@left[5,The quick brown fox]
Putting the cursor anywhere on %@LEFT[ and pressing Control-Shift-X wipes the command line and displays an error message.

I think this hotkey works better with variables than with functions.

All Ctrl-Shift-X does here is print a box (unprintable). I do have "NormalKey=Ctrl-X". Does that also kill Ctrl-Shift-X?

Having gotten rid of "NormalKey=Ctrl-X". With the insertion point on the 'w' of %_cwd in
Code:
echo %@lower[%_cwd]
Ctrl-X (no Shift) turns it into
Code:
echo v:\
expanding the function as well as the (internal) variable. That's nothing like the help's
Ctrl-X Expand an environment variable
As for Ctrl-Shift-X, it works as advertised when the insertion point is in %_cwd (unlike for Charles) and expands everything when its in @lower; I suppose that's correct. But as Charles observed, when it's in @lower in the command
Code:
echo %@lower[v:\]
it erases the command line and leaves
Code:
TCC: Syntax error "@lower[v"

As for Ctrl-Shift-X, it works as advertised when the insertion point is in %_cwd (unlike for Charles)

That is what I'm seeing. Variables work as expected, functions not so much. (Parsing out the start and end of a function is much more complicated!)