Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

command that launches batch file running TCMD?

Aug
what would a DOS command be that says run this batch file using TCMD (instead of running using whatever the default is that's not TCMD)?

what would a DOS command be that says run this batch file using TCMD (instead of running using whatever the default is that's not TCMD)?

c:\bin\tcmd\tcc.exe /c mybatch.bat

(Substitute the actual path to wherever Take Command is installed.) Similarly, you can launch a batch file in a Microsoft shell using

c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c mybatch.bat

c:\dos\command.com /c mybatch.bat

Again, you would substitute the correct path to your CMD.EXE or COMMAND.COM.

On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 20:56:11 -0600, Charles Dye <> wrote:

|---Quote (Originally by deleyd)---
|what would a DOS command be that says run this batch file using TCMD (instead of running using whatever the default is that's not TCMD)?
|---End Quote---
| c:\bin\tcmd\tcc.exe /c mybatch.bat
|
|(Substitute the actual path to wherever Take Command is installed.) Similarly, you can launch a batch file in a Microsoft shell using

That won't start TCMD.

Does the OP realize that TCMD doesn't run batch files? It can be a "wrapper"
for TCC (which does run batch files). If the OP really wants to start TCMD and
run a batch file with TCC, he could

[path\]tcmd.exe /t [path\]tcc.exe [/c] batfile.bat
--
- Vince

vefatica wrote:
| On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 20:56:11 -0600, Charles Dye <> wrote:
|
|| ---Quote (Originally by deleyd)---
|| what would a DOS command be that says run this batch file using TCMD
|| (instead of running using whatever the default is that's not TCMD)?
|| ---End Quote--- c:\bin\tcmd\tcc.exe /c mybatch.bat
||
|| (Substitute the actual path to wherever Take Command is installed.)
|| Similarly, you can launch a batch file in a Microsoft shell using
|
| That won't start TCMD.
|
| Does the OP realize that TCMD doesn't run batch files? It can be a
| "wrapper" for TCC (which does run batch files). If the OP really
| wants to start TCMD and run a batch file with TCC, he could
|
| [path\]tcmd.exe /t [path\]tcc.exe [/c] batfile.bat

Could the OP refer to V8 or earlier? If, TCMD could be correct...
--
Steve

vefatica wrote:
| On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 20:56:11 -0600, Charles Dye <> wrote:
|
|| ---Quote (Originally by deleyd)---
|| what would a DOS command be that says run this batch file using TCMD
|| (instead of running using whatever the default is that's not TCMD)?
|| ---End Quote--- c:\bin\tcmd\tcc.exe /c mybatch.bat
||
|| (Substitute the actual path to wherever Take Command is installed.)
|| Similarly, you can launch a batch file in a Microsoft shell using
|
| That won't start TCMD.
|
| Does the OP realize that TCMD doesn't run batch files? It can be a
| "wrapper" for TCC (which does run batch files). If the OP really
| wants to start TCMD and run a batch file with TCC, he could
|
| [path\]tcmd.exe /t [path\]tcc.exe [/c] batfile.bat

Could the OP refer to V8 or earlier? If, TCMD could be correct...
--
Steve

OK I'm no expert at Take Command probably didn't ask the question right, so here's an example:

If I go to START -> ALL PROGRAMS -> ACCESSORIES -> COMMAND PROMPT, and enter the command:
>COPY X.TXT Y.TXT
it replies, "1 file(s) copied."

If instead I start up the TC command prompt with the black background, I guess it's saying it's TCC, hmm, I'm not sure how to get the one with the white background, I think they both were together in the beginning and I somehow closed all the other windows leaving just the window with the black background.

Anyway, if at that Take Command prompt I do the
>COPY X.TXT Y.TXT
it gives a much nicer more detailed reply,
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\0Temp2\x.txt => C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\0Temp2\y.txt
1 file copied

That reply is much more useful in a log file. So I was asking how can I launch my .BAT file to use this JPSoft Take Command instead of the default earlier one that just says, "1 file(s) copied."?

That reply is much more useful in a log file. So I was asking how can I launch my .BAT file to use this JPSoft Take Command instead of the default earlier one that just says, "1 file(s) copied."?

Are you asking how to associate .BAT files with TCC? It's easy to do, but it may cause problems for you. .BAT files sometimes rely on peculiarities of Microsoft's shells, and may not work quite the same way in Take Command.

Instead, I'd suggest making a copy of your batch file with a .BTM extension. .BTM files are probably already associated with TCC. If not, you can run the file TCCBATCH.BTM (in your Take Command directory) to associate .BTM files, and optionally .BAT and .CMD files, with TCC.

Are you asking how to associate .BAT files with TCC? It's easy to do, but it may cause problems for you. .BAT files sometimes rely on peculiarities of Microsoft's shells, and may not work quite the same way in Take Command.

Instead, I'd suggest making a copy of your batch file with a .BTM extension. .BTM files are probably already associated with TCC. If not, you can run the file TCCBATCH.BTM (in your Take Command directory) to associate .BTM files, and optionally .BAT and .CMD files, with TCC.

Brilliant! All I need to do is rename the file from .BAT to .BTM . I'll give that a try.