Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Colors discovered

Jan
I have never bothered with different colors in TCMD/TCC (or 4NT) but after installing XXCOPY I just loved the default colors in the XXConsole, gold text on cyan, actually a dark cyan (0,64,64).

So I checked out the manual and searched the forum and think I'm a full bottle on the color possibilities and limitations in TCMD/TCC now. Only small problem is that in TCMD it still all sits on a predominantly black window which is no big deal.

I bet you would like a dollar Rex for every time you have had to explain how to set up the background and foreground colors.

bravotango

Must add a correction here. I found out how to change the color of the TCMD window. Options -> Configure Take Command -> Tabs -> Then adjust colors in Windows panel on right hand side.

I can't work out from your second post whether you are all sorted now, but if not:

Only small problem is that in TCMD it still all sits on a predominantly black window
Use the OPTION command in a TCC prompt, or get there via Options > Configure TCC..., and then use the settings in the Colors section of the Windows tab.

I use a color statement in my tcstart.bat file.
color bright white on black

By my choice. I know abbreviations are allowed but I wouldn't remember
them over time, so I don't use them.

On 04/30/2011 09:03 PM, bravotango wrote:

> I have never bothered with different colors in TCMD/TCC (or 4NT) but after installing XXCOPY I just loved the default colors in the XXConsole, gold text on cyan, actually a dark cyan (0,64,64).
>
> So I checked out the manual and searched the forum and think I'm a full bottle on the color possibilities and limitations in TCMD/TCC now. Only small problem is that in TCMD it still all sits on a predominantly black window which is no big deal.
>
> I bet you would like a dollar Rex for every time you have had to explain how to set up the background and foreground colors.
>
> bravotango

All sorted out thanks. Just love Take Command more than ever now with all this color. It really makes working with XXCOPY so much nicer.