Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined CMDLINE and CMDLINE2

May
I'm not sure what to suggest. I have been doing some programming involving environments, and I've looked at the environments of many programs.

Here, TCC runs a logon script which, among other things, starts PowerPro and AutoHotKey. I start almost everything from one of those two programs or from TCC itself. And almost every program I run has CMDLINE and/or CMDLINE2 set; the ones started by PowerPro and AutoHotKey get ancient (from login time) values for those variables. In any case, they're meaningless to those programs.

How about a way to keep CMDLINE and CMDLINE2 from being inherited by executables?

A couple of things (not tested).
Code:
Start /I - Inherit the default (startup) environment, rather than the current environment.

Code:
Set /m - If a variable name is specified, change it to the original value when TCC started.
If no name is specified, revert the entire environment to the original environment when TCC started.

Joe

I seem to recall that you could disable the CMDLINE variable by prefixing an @ sign to the command line. I don't think this trick will work with CMDLINE2, though.

And almost every program I run has CMDLINE and/or CMDLINE2 set; the ones started by PowerPro and AutoHotKey get ancient (from login time) values for those variables. In any case, they're meaningless to those programs.
There's always variables which are meaningless to a given program.
Why would any given one should be an exception?

Back