Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CMD window size and post_exec alias ?

Apr
Thank you for reading. I am unclear how to do a post_exec alias so th TCC window shows the left side when I enter a long command. I think I basically need to scrool the window so the left side shows.

In addition when I do start > run > cmd /c CommandToPerform I see the lower part of the first line of for instance DEFRAG. I remember someone had posted a concern about a similar problem and was told to uninstall a driver in the control panel, after checking CMD's properties. Any help about this would be greatly appreciated....

Thank you for reading. I am unclear how to do a post_exec alias so th TCC window shows the left side when I enter a long command. I think I basically need to scrool the window so the left side shows.

Do you mean ... if the (long) command you typed causes scrolling away from the left edge of the console then you're never returned to the left edge after the command is executed? I'm not sure if that's intended. Anyway, if you use the 4CONSOLE plugin you could

Code:
alias post_exec scroll H Home

There's probably a way to do it with built-ins only.

I looked on jpsoft's plugin's folder and there is no 4console.dll, .zip. There is a whole folder for 4Console on Vincent's FTP but am unclear wat one/s I need for any post v8 TCC. Will one 4Console.dll work with all v9-v14 ?

Any idea about the tCMD window question ?

I looked on jpsoft's plugin's folder and there is no 4console.dll, .zip. There is a whole folder for 4Console on Vincent's FTP but am unclear wat one/s I need for any post v8 TCC. Will one 4Console.dll work with all v9-v14 ?

Any idea about the tCMD window question ?
A little to my surprise, the latest works with v9. There's only ftp://lucky.syr.edu/4plugins/4console.zip (are you seeing that as a folder) and there's only one 4console.dll in it.

And from JPSoft's home page ... downloads ... plugins ... there's a link to 4console.zip.