Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WAD cmd.exe under tcc doesn't find apps

Apr
Seen this before? Could there be some setting I have wrong in TCC? Hoping it's not a bug.

1. Run tcc
2. From prompt run cmd
3. Try to run a program found in directory or path without specifying file extension
Expected: runs
Actual: error msg

This is breaking running other 3rd party batch scripts that call cmd.exe to run apps, like the nodejs npm module. Running cmd.exe from Start > Run works fine, finds apps without specifying extension, error occurs only when cmd is run from within tcc

2013-06-06_1322.png

Hi,
No problem here, but I am running a newer release than you are. I am on 32-bit OS.

Joe
Code:
[C:\Windows\System32]ver

TCC  15.01.51  Windows Vista [Version 6.0.6002]

[C:\Windows\System32]whoami
optiplex9601\jlc

[C:\Windows\System32]cmd
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\System32>whoami
optiplex9601\jlc

C:\Windows\System32>

Have a look at CMD's %PATH%. Could "Win64 File System Redirection" (OPTION\Startup)have anything to do with it?

Not reproducible here.

This is definitely not a TCMD or TCC issue -- unless you've found a catastrophic bug in the Intel hardware and the Windows OS security model. The parent process does not (cannot!) affect the child process's file search & execution behavior; CMD is talking straight to the Windows APIs and TCC is totally uninvolved. (Unless you're running plugins that are intercepting APIs?)

It's far more likely that you've got a different environment / registry / etc. configuration in the native TCC window vs. the CMD window. Try starting a CMD window, then run TCC, then CMD, and see if you get the same behavior.

Found the issue. In my tcstart.btm I had a line like this to add some extensions to the executable paths:
set pathext=%pathext%,.py,.rb
Worked fine in TC, but when dropping to cmd.exe from TC, cmd.exe got overwhelmed. Removing the %pathext% fixed the issue. Thanks to everyone for quick and thorough replies.