Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Check for updates fails to complete

Jun
Take Command 28.01.14, using Check for updates (either through Take Command or TCC) to update to 28.02.15 ends with the error message: "Error: The downloaded update size does not match the size specified in updates configuration file." This happens almost instantly (it doesn't seem like enough time to download any update file). The currently available download file does not include this update. Is there a way to access the update files directly and do the equivalent update manually?

Attachments

• 2021-10-31_21-08-12.jpg
    2021-10-31_21-08-12.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 167
Take Command 28.01.14, using Check for updates (either through Take Command or TCC) to update to 28.02.15 ends with the error message: "Error: The downloaded update size does not match the size specified in updates configuration file." This happens almost instantly (it doesn't seem like enough time to download any update file). The currently available download file does not include this update. Is there a way to access the update files directly and do the equivalent update manually?

Not reproducible here. The web site definitely does have the latest version (28.02.15); it sounds like you've got a cacheing problem either on your system or perhaps at your ISP.

When that happened, it didn't even seem to attempt a download. I tries two more times. On the first of those I got the error message instantly (no download). On the second, it worked.
The installer dialogs have a new look. It's nice. It uses my chosen Windows accent color

I reported two problems, apparently. One was that the update didn't appear to be downloading the update - it just fails. The second was that the downloaded full install seems to be 28.01.14. It could be that I have a caching problem. However, my first try to update was from the original 28 (whatever that was). When I couldn't get the update to work, I downloaded the full installer (for the very first time since July when I did the initial install of 28). I named this download tcmd-28_02_15.exe because that's what I expected it to be, and ran it. When I started Take Command after the install, it claimed to be 28.01.14 (a change from what it had been, but not what I expected). I then tried multiple times to download and install the full installer. Each time it was identical in size, and running it gave the "do you want to repair or remove" dialog, indicating that it was trying to install the same version.

It might help if JPsoft named the download file with a name that includes the version rather than just tcmd.exe. Then I could be sure it wasn't a caching issue.

And if I was not checking the forum threads I wouldn't have known about .15. Not sure if I have to option /u manually or if it checks automatically?

TCMD / TCC do not check automatically for updates. (That's something that most business uses definitely do not want.)

Thank you. So fart I have come up with the following:
Code:
        rem Check for TCMD / TCC updates......

set nDays=%@iniread[%@path[%ComSpec%]updater.ini,General,CheckFrequency]

rem check for %nDays not existing in registry, for example first run
        rem end ....

set nToday=%@date[%_date]

rem nLastCheck= date last checked

IIF %nDays > %@eval[%nToday - %nLastCheck]

:: If more days has passed since last check was done then check for updates

DETACH /q "%@path[%ComSpec%]updater.exe" /silent

ENDIFF

set /u nLastCheck=%nToday