Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

@CharlesDye - RegTweaks.btm n/w

Apr
The RegTweaks.btrm does not work under Win 7 x64, and the latest TCMD/TCC even when run as Admin..

Just says the badversion message and quits.

Where on the web is the latest please, and does it work under the above?

Unfortunately, my copy of v16 has expired. When it's released, I'll purchase a key, and then I can test it....

Does %_CMDPROC return something different from previous versions?

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]echo %_CMDPROC
TCC

Looks like v16 has been released. I looked at RegTweaks.btm and tried to find where it's not working. Any help very much appreciated!

Looks like v16 has been released. I looked at RegTweaks.btm and tried to find where it's not working. Any help very much appreciated!

Well, I've just run the March 2010 version on three different computers -- two x86, one x64 -- and it works on all three. I can't make it fail!

There are three successive lines that can trigger that error message. Here are versions that you can try at the command prompt. If you can get one of them to fail, that might give us a clue what's going on.

Code:
if not 1 == 01 echo FAIL (looks like CMD.EXE)
*if %@index[4NT!TCC!TCCLE!TCMD32!,%_cmdproc!] == -1 echo FAIL (unknown shell)
*if %_4ver lt 7 echo FAIL (_4VER less than 7)

TCC 16.00.38 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright 2014 JP Software Inc. All Rights Reserved
Registered to Charles S. Galloway - 5 System License

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]if not 1 == 01 echo FAIL (looks like CMD.EXE)

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]*if %@index[4NT!TCC!TCCLE!TCMD32!,%_cmdproc!] == -1 echo FAIL (unknown shell)
FAIL (unknown shell)

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]*if %_4ver lt 7 echo FAIL (_4VER less than 7)

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]echo %_cmdproc
TCC

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]echo "%_cmdproc"
"TCC"

Code:
[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]*if %@index[4NT!TCC!TCCLE!TCMD32!,%_cmdproc!] == -1 echo FAIL (unknown shell)
FAIL (unknown shell)
If %_cmdproc is "TCC" (as you said) it seems that either IF or @INDEX isn't working correctly for you. Try these
Code:
*if %@index[4NT!TCC!TCCLE!TCMD32!,TCC!] == -1 echo FAIL (unknown shell)
echo %@index[4NT!TCC!TCCLE!TCMD32!,TCC!]
echo %@index[4NT!TCC!TCCLE!TCMD32!,%_cmdproc!]

Code:
[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]*if %@index[4NT!TCC!TCCLE!TCMD32!,TCC!] == -1 echo FAIL (unknown shell)
FAIL (unknown shell)

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]echo %@index[4NT!TCC!TCCLE!TCMD32!,TCC!]

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]echo %@index[4NT!TCC!TCCLE!TCMD32!,%_cmdproc!]

So it looks like @INDEX is broken in the 64-bit version. Did you do any other experiments with @INDEX? What if you leave out all the exclamation points?

No I haven't tried @index in other areas - or removed the ! marks...

Another idea - might it be related to any of the INI information?

Do you set "hkcr:\directory\background\shell\(text)\command".

What this does is allow to write click on a background of an open folder, and run the command in there. Here is a sample regedit for my background setting. Also there's a '4nt here' dll, which i suppose could be modified to show tcchere.dll, which does this.

I have a version of http://code.kliu.org/cmdopen/ this, which does a lot of the nifty stuff for cmd.exe, but you can patch the dll to use 4nt.exe or tcc.exe or something else. What i am really looking for is something that will run under cmd.exe, use apppath, and load the proggie named. Something like write.exe, but without leaving the console. You could remove a lot of stuff from the path, and still run exefiles.

I have a modified version of 4nt.exe = hacked write.exe -> 4ntu.exe -> apppath -> l:\newin\jpsoft\4nt.exe, but running 4nt.exe starts a new window, rather than load it in the current window. [putting 4nt in place of 4ntu.exe is circular. You got to use some bogus name.]

The cmdopen thing has been taught to run cmx.exe, which is one of several versions of write.exe, designed to run 4nt or tcmd or tcc (which does not run in my windows, but one day i will upgrade to XP, i fear).

Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\ConEmu Here]
"Icon"="L:\\newin\\ConEmu\\ConEmu.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\ConEmu Here\command]
@="\"L:\\newin\\ConEmu\\ConEmu.exe\" /cmd cmd -cur_console:n"