Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CD doesn't always find everything

Jun
I have the Everything service installed. Looking at Services, it says that Everything is Started
and the Startup Type is Automatic. When I do CD, TCC can't find the directory. I then do
"everything /e". The windows appears and after a second, it displays all the files. I close
the window. Now, CD works. This happens to me on several computers. Am I doing something wrong?
It is rather confusing since when I get the message: I don't know if there is really no directory
or everything isn't working.

C:\Junk>cd todo
TCC: (Sys) The system cannot find the path specified.
"todo"

C:\Junk>everything /e

C:\Junk>cd todo

C:\TT\RatingsCentral\Doc\ToDo>ver

TCC 19.00.27 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

Maybe you should check the help file, section "Extended Directory Searches" (Navigation: TCC > Command Line > Directory Navigation:). Could be relevant for your problem.

Greetings!

It has happened more than once on a single computer. Not sure if I've rebooted in between the times it has happened.

It just happened on "TCC 19.00.30 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]". CD said it couldn't find the path specified. Looking at Services, the Everything service is Started and the Startup Type is Automatic. I then did "everything /e" and it said "Updating Database..." in the status bar. Took a few seconds for the files to appear. After they appeared, CD works.

I selected install as service when I installed.