Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Button command issue

When trying to setup a command to run in a button I get the following problem. If anyone can help me figure out how to fix it I would appreciate it.

Putting in the following command in the command box: c:\program files\programname\program.exe -remote or "c:\program files\programname\program.exe -remote" or "c:\program files\programname\program.exe" -remote

Results in the following going into the current command window/tab: c:\program files\programname\program.exe-remote or "c:\program files\programname\program.exe" -remote or "c:\program files\programname\program.exe-remote"

Are you trying to run a command (the "Start a new window" radio button should be checked), or send keystrokes to the current window ("Send to the current tab")? If the latter, then the string should be in KEYSTACK format; see HELP KEYSTACK for details. You probably want something like this:

Code:
""c:\program files\programname\program.exe"" " -remote"

I tried that as well when I saw it in another thread but that did not work for me. I tried to launch it in a new window and have it enter it into a current tab. In a new window nothing happens. In the current tab it puts in the command but no spaces. Not sure if it's something I am doing wrong or what but I will try and get a screenshot of the button so you can see it for yourself.

Ok I found the problem. The shortcut for the program uses a ~ character in the path and TCC does not like it. I put in the full path and the application launches correctly and also pastes into a current tab when I set it up that way. I am not sure why the tilde character was throwing it off like that. I have not seen it in other paths either so that could be something I need to keep in mind.

Will: what version and build of TCMD?

I wonder if this is related to the new feature in V15 of modifying a displaying %HOME as a tilde ~ ?

It's 15.00.29 x64. It's possible it is new but I got it working so that is all I care about. Normally programs don't have tilde's in their path. I think it's probably due to the fact it's a legacy app.