Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Build 38 Install issue

samintz

Scott Mintz
May
I performed the update as I normally do. However, I received a notice about Notepad++ running and was using files that were being updated by the install. So I closed Notepad++. I then got an error about Everything and was offered the Cancel/Ignore/Retry buttons. Retry did nothing but bring the same dialog up.

Normally, the install automatically terminates Everything, does the update, then restarts Everything. I had to manually terminate Everything this time. And then I got his error:
upload_2017-7-29_12-50-41.png

And the install terminated early. I attached the install log.

Attachments

• MSI8FFF.txt
    719.4 KB · Views: 292
I saw exactly the same thing Scott, and the manual download worked for me too, although there was no indication that it had forgotten the installation directory (I use the default thought, if you install elsewhere that might explain it).

rconn said:
21.0.38 New installer version

I wonder if it's a minor issue with the new installer?

I performed the update as I normally do. However, I received a notice about Notepad++ running and was using files that were being updated by the install. So I closed Notepad++. I then got an error about Everything and was offered the Cancel/Ignore/Retry buttons. Retry did nothing but bring the same dialog up.

Normally, the install automatically terminates Everything, does the update, then restarts Everything. I had to manually terminate Everything this time. And then I got his error:
View attachment 1596

And the install terminated early. I attached the install log.

Not reproducible here. The error log shows the failure inside Windows Installer, not in the TCMD script or the Advanced Installer wrapper.

What version of Windows are you running?

What version of TCMD were you upgrading from?

Did you have Everything installed as a service previously?

What version of Windows are you running?

What version of TCMD were you upgrading from?

Did you have Everything installed as a service previously?

I saw the problem on Windows 10 creators update with the latest patches, previous TCMD was v21 b37, Everything installed as a service.

Same problem here, tried to install as always ... i can't install build 38 ...

EDIT: build was not 39 ... it was 38 ... i try now with current build (.39)
EDIT 2: build 39 was no problem ...

Last edited: