Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BTMs in Explorer's preview pane?

May
The contents of BATfiles show in Explorer's preview pane. Is it possible to get the contents of BTM files to show in Explorer's preview pane?

Never mind. That was pretty easy. In regedit, add a couple string values to the ".btm" key ... "Content Type" and "PerceivedType" ... and give them the data below.

upload_2017-4-23_17-9-47.png

Perhaps doing that could be added to TCCBATCH.BTM (as an option).

Cool tip. I fiddled around and discovered that just the PerceivedType value is actually all that's necessary.

Cool tip. I fiddled around and discovered that just the PerceivedType value is actually all that's necessary.
I fiddled and Googled and found that the font used for plain text will be that of Notepad. I didn't find a way to suppress line-wrap and get horizontal scrolling (which I'd like).

Yeah.. the preview pane appears to want to wrap any text it can. It even wraps the text in a Word document that has a graphic that the text normally fits inside, so it ends up flowing out the bottom of the graphic. It's obviously just meant to give you an idea of what's in the file rather than actually make it legible.

Edit: It is scrollable left & right, but only because of the graphic. The text is still made to fit in the preview pane width.