Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Backing up TCC settings

Jul
I see that TCMD has an INI file in C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Local\JPSoft\TCMD.INI.

Is that the only file I need to save in order to backup TCMD and TCC settings?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

I see that TCMD has an INI file in C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Local\JPSoft\TCMD.INI.

Is that the only file I need to save in order to backup TCMD and TCC settings?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Hi,
First, note that your .INI file is located in the default location. I keep mine in my TCMD directory. How do you know where your TCMD.INI file is located? Use the %_ininame internal variable.

I also backup my 4start.btm file, nowadays called TCSTART.BTM, but I am from the old 4DOS days, and have still kept using the same name. I also keep this in my TCMD directory.

I also backup my alias.lst and function.lst files. These contain the definitions for my aliases and functions that I load each startup. Again, I also keep these in my TCMD directory.

If you are upgrading from a previous version of TCMD, I personally recommend NOT copying your TCMD.INI file over the newly created TCMD.INI file, as this only causes problems.

Joe

So Joe, can I just move the TCMD.ini file manually? Do I need to adjust any settings?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

So Joe, can I just move the TCMD.ini file manually? Do I need to adjust any settings?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

You can simply move it to your TCMD directory, and that will be the TCMD.INI that you will be using. Note that I say MOVE instead of COPY. I dislike having the TCMD.INI file in two locations.

Take a look in the Help file under TCC Startup Options and under Initialization (.INI) Files for more info.

Joe