Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b21 MOVE /B

Apr
Code:
[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD20]move /b \TCMDb21\Everything.exe Everything.exe
C:\TCMDb21\Everything.exe ->! C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD20\Everything.exe (Replace) (Y/N/A/R)? Y
TCC: (Sys) Access is denied.
     0 files moved       1 failed

Since I have specified /B I think it should have said something to the effect that it would be moved at the next reboot, not just the error....

The file was not replaced when I restarted the PC..... In case it matters - I have attached the everyting.ini as well...

Attachments

• Everything.ini
    13.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Everything_b20.ini
    158 bytes · Views: 185
The file was not replaced when I restarted the PC..... In case it matters - I have attached the everyting.ini as well...

I suspect you just don't have permission to write it to the new location or delete it from the old location. Did you try it elevated?

yes - it worked with Windows Explorer under Safe mode...

It seems like I have the same problem here with v20.00.20. Using DEL /b on the same file (testing this in a VM, not on my real machine) when in an elevated TCC session does give a message that the file is scheduled to be deleted at the next reboot. I think the /b option will only work in an elevated session, no matter what file you try to use it with.

I just finished rebooting the VM and I see that the file has been successfully deleted.

I haven't tested REN /b yet.

Then it would be nice if the docs said the /B only worked on an elevated session...... Just saying...

I may have not been 100% clear above (after re-reading my post).

MOVE /b doesn't seem to work properly at all.

DEL /b does seem to work (when in an elevated session)

REN /b I have not tested yet, so I don't know if it works properly or not.

I would assume that all of the /b (... after reboot) commands would require an elevated session (but I'm not 100% sure), but none of the documentation for those 3 commands state that.

Last edited:
Remember that Charles was trying to write and delete in a place where unelevated users typically can't write and delete.

I don't know exactly what to expect from "MOVE /B". Apparently, I just moved a plugin that is in use.
Code:
g:\tc20\plugins> move /b 4threads.dll g:\tc20\
G:\tc20\Plugins\4threads.dll -> G:\tc20\4threads.dll
     1 file moved
Of course, that can't be. It was copied to the new location, but not deleted from the old location. There was no indication that any operations were scheduled for the next startup. I'll be back after a restart.

Remember that Charles was trying to write and delete in a place where unelevated users typically can't write and delete.

I don't know exactly what to expect from "MOVE /B". Apparently, I just moved a plugin that is in use.
Code:
g:\tc20\plugins> move /b 4threads.dll g:\tc20\
G:\tc20\Plugins\4threads.dll -> G:\tc20\4threads.dll
     1 file moved
Of course, that can't be. It was copied to the new location, but not deleted from the old location. There was no indication that any operations were scheduled for the next startup. I'll be back after a restart.
I'm back after a restart. The file was not deleted from the old location.